Wednesday, February 25, 2015

Happy Love Day

Sam went around all week calling it Love Day instead of Valentine's Day.  I'm really hoping that sticks around our house.  We had a great low-key Love Day.  Friday night, I made pumpkin heart shaped pancakes.  I tried my best to turn them pink, but that's kind of hard since they are orange!  I've never done shaped pancakes and now I am hooked.  The possibilities are endless--pumpkins, Christmas trees, numbers for birthdays...  So much fun!  I used a ketchup squirt bottle and did the outline first and then filled it in.


The kids woke up to heart shaped doughnuts  and we had a lazy morning while Zeb worked.  We went to lunch and I visited my grandmother while the rest of the house rested.  That afternoon continued to be lazy and we had a feast for dinner-- Steak, Roasted Asparagus, brussel sprouts, and sweet potatoes.


We are proud of Sam for saying the catechism in his 4 year old class!

No comments: